Once you have installed Norton internet security on your system you do not need to worry about spam, viruses and phishing attack on your system. You can start the Norton internet security anytime and access the full control from the main menu itself.
Before the start Norton Internet Security scanning, Remove all the anti-virus or firewall programs.
Steps to Start Norton Internet Security scanning on windows PC:
- There are two ways to start the Norton Internet Security scanning program.
- Double Click on the Norton Internet Security icon on the windows notification bar.
- Go to Start> All programs> Norton Internet Security> Norton Internet security.
- Once the program starts the main window will pop up.
- It is recommended that you run a full scan on the first start-up.
On the top the main window you have three options
- Leave feedback: You can write about your experience and feedback about the Norton product the company
- Norton account: Product information and updates available.
- Help and supports: This section gives your access to the help and support section, help tutorials, subscription status, new versions and general information about Norton internet security.
- The left main window has the following options:
Security Status Indicator: This lets you see the security status of your system. It is a summary of the security status of various activities such as emails (sent and received) and web browsing. When your system is at risk then the status indicator will change. Secure indicates that your system is secure and protected against any threats and damages. Attention status requires that your there are some programs that need to be protected. At risk status means that you need to immediately take steps to improve the protection status. You can respond to these messages by clicking on the Fix Now button.
Norton Tasks: These are the background tasks that the Norton program is running in the idle time to keep your system safe
CPU Usage: Lets you see the total CPU usage by various processes and also Norton specific CPU usages.
Performance: This feature allows you to view and understand your system performance and activity.
Application Ratings: Allows smart scan. Using this you can scan specific files on your computer.
The centre of the main window has three options. You can click on the settings in the category pane to select on option. These are:
- Computer: For data security.
- Network: Security over network threats.
- Web: Security for online transactions and web surfing.