Download Bacula – An Open Source Network Backup Tool for Windows, Linux and Unix provides network backup, backup, recovery and verification of computer data across a network
Imagine the scenario of a large network of computers that are interconnected and share files and resources among each other. More than once, some files tend to get damaged or lost as they move from one computer to another over the network. In this case, recovery tools or software is needed that needs to be implemented over the entire network to recover the lost and damaged files.
Bacula 3.0.0 is a set of open source programs that provide a suitable network backup solution. Based on the client/ server architecture, it is easy to use and is efficiently deployed across the entire network and allows the user (in most cases, the system administrator) to verify data flowing in a network as well as the ability to manage or recover files that may be damaged or lost during transition.
Bacula 3.0.0 can be effectively applied to all networks from simple ones consisting of just single computers to really huge and complex ones consisting of hundreds of computers. This scalability is achieved due to the modular design of the program.
Some of the key features of Bacula 3.0.0 include:
- Increased time out feature for unmounting DVDs.
- Provision to print error code when attempting to restore two or more complete databases at the same time.
- Provision to add more output if a user attempts to clone a job but does not specify the job name. This facilitates improved user feedback.
- Provision to tweak the configuration to remove bash specific code with the provision for a free lock manager.
- Runs on all Windows Operating system from Windows 98/ Me/ NT/ 2000/ XP and 2003.
- MySQL server database with version 4.1 and higher.
- GNU C++ 2.95 and higher.